Klaviyo – your best friend in eCommerce
Choosing the best Email Marketing Platform for your business is E-ssential. Now that more and more people are opting out of been tracked on social media and across websites, your email list is absolute gold dust. We have used them all, ActiveCampaign, MailChimp and Mailerlite but when it comes to eCommerce, Klaviyo comes up trumps.
Klaviyo’s 3-second pitch says it all “where eCommerce businesses grow”. With Klaviyo, you can do so much more than just create visually appealing email campaigns. It is a super platform with lots of resources, tools, and automated steps to make it easier than ever to connect with your customers at every important touchpoint.
Ok, great another email platform. What makes Klaviyo so special?
Aside from the obvious, automated email and SMS marketing, there are tons of reasons our clients choose Klaviyo:
- Easy peasy drag and drop builder makes it simple and straightforward to create email flows, email templates and more.
- It has a smooth integration with Shopify. Our clients have saved more than 75% of their abandoned carts through strategic and compelling abandoned cart emails.
- Klaviyo packs tons of value into their monthly subscriptions such as unique coupon codes, advanced pop-ups, segmentation and back in stock automation.
- Its features are made for connections with your customers meaning more retention, more sales and more revenue.
- Klaviyo’s dashboard is so user-friendly giving you better consumer insights.
A match made in Shopify heaven
We hand over hundreds of beautiful Shopify websites to our clients every year. As Shopify Partners it is one of our favourite platforms to work with. One of the main reasons is the suite of apps and integrations with business-boosting software like Klaviyo.
Klaviyo holds the title for helping to grow more businesses and brands using Shopify than any other marketing platform. This is down to the smart, perfectly timed, performance-driven automation available to clients through trigger flows, personalised emails, A/B testing and endless engagement options. It takes literally a few minutes to integrate with Shopify so you can get on with the important things.
Prediction, Data and Results
One of the best features of Klaviyo is predictive analytics. Unlock the ability to:
- Predict your customers next purchase date
- Sed VIP offers to the big spenders
- Identify customers you are more likely to lose so you can re-engage them with a personal offer,
- Make the most of Smart Send Time and discover the exact, perfect time to send your emails so your open-rate and click-through rates increase.
Imagine knowing when your customers are sitting at the top of the funnel ready to order? Or how frequently they order so you can hit them with an offer they cannot refuse? Klaviyo will allow you to create unique customer experiences that will boost your retention, increase sales, and grow your business.
Everyone loves that Shopify “cha-ching” sound
It is an ongoing Twitter thread, but it is true – the sound of your Shopify ‘cha-ching’ notification is the best sound ever. Chances are, that for most businesses, this comes down to the hard work of your 24/7, 365 days a year email marketing machine. So, how can we make this sweet little sound happen more often?
Our top 3 ways to dial up the sales are:
- Abandoned cart emails
- Winback emails
- Thank you emails
Let’s break those down a little.
Abandoned Cart Emails
These little money-making emails generate millions of dollars per year in what would be lost sales. Safe to say, they are an essential part of eCommerce marketing and customer engagement. Let’s think about it from the customers perspective.
Your potential customer has visited your website and something in your store caught their eye. For some reason they have left that product sitting in their cart – maybe a competitor has a better offer, maybe they were at work and the boss walked in or maybe they are considering the purchase but not quite convinced. What is certain however is that they must be browsing because they have a SPECIFIC NEED. Your job is to meet that need. Setting up a cart abandonment email can be the difference between making the sale and losing it.
On average people open 45% of abandoned cart emails with more than half of those shoppers making the final purchase. It comes down to timing and how you craft that email.
Here are our tips for nailing it:
- Have at least 2-3 emails in your abandoned cart series
- Splurge a little and hire a great copywriter whose words compel and convert
- Timing – how long will you wait before the emails get sent – our experience shows send the initial email within one hour of abandonment, the second within 24 hours and if you opt for a third email, within 72 hours.
Got some inactive subscribers? A few little stragglers that need a gentle nudge? All businesses do.
A winback email flow is a fantastic way to re-engage these subscribers, an essential part of customer retention and a proven method of recapturing what were stagnant sales.
Here are our top tips for crafting the perfect winback email sequence:
- Always WOW with the first sentence! The overarching aim of the email flow is engagement and retention so use this to your advantage.
- Personalise the emails. Use the customer’s name (*** tip – always do this) but especially in a winback email.
- Hit them with an unturndownable offer.
- FOMO is your best friend. Tell them a story about what they have been missing out on – new product releases, media, a company milestone.
- Thank them for their business in the past.
Thank You Emails
Thank you emails are not just about adding touchpoints and building customer relationships. They are a great way to keep your customers engaged with your business and increase their lifetime value. Depending on your business there are a number of sequences that are highly effective.
Here are our most popular Thank You sequences:
Welcome your new customer to the family and express your gratitude for their support. *** Inside tip – offering them a discount on their next purchase is a great way to get them trying other products from your store and keeping them loyal to your brand.
A super important time to thank your customers for returning to purchase from you. If you have a retention strategy in place this can be a great time to mention things like…..Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for your exclusive gift after your 5th purchase.
Ten times!!! You must have a great product. Awesome!! A tenth purchase is a good opportunity to do a few things:
- Thank your customer of course.
- Ask them for a product review that you can use across your marketing channels.
- Offer them a discount (ANOTHER one!!) Yes, trust us.
- Bring them along for the journey, give them a little secret insight into what’s coming, and, if possible, early access to a VIP sale.
Dominate with Klaviyo
This is really just the tip of the iceberg with all that Klaviyo offers in powerful automation tools for the eCommerce world. But when you want to increase the speed at which your customers float on upwards through your sales funnel, Klaviyo is one of the best tools to have in your marketing kit.
To find out more or ask our team questions relevant to your business get in touch anytime.
Set your emails alight!
About the Author
Genie is a passionate writer, soon to be author, and one of the cogs that keep the machine turning here at Flabbergast.
Hailing from Ireland, she opted for a backpack and round the world ticket in 2010 and managed to stumble across Melbourne on her adventures. She loves to create funny, upbeat content that brings the story of any brand to life before your very eyes. When she is not busy finding new and interesting ways to inject a little WOW into content, she can be found fan-girling on Brené Brown or spoiling her two dogs!